Tuesday, 26 November 2013
Thursday, 21 November 2013
Friday, 15 November 2013
Our Treasure Island
[A] Are these statements true or false
1. Another name for Stewart Island is Whenua Hou. True/False√
2. Codfish Island is located at the bottom of the South Island. True/False√
3. Write down four facts about kakapos.
kakapo are nocturnal√
The kakapo is the heaviest parrot in the world.√
There are less than 100 kakapo left in the world.√
The kakapo can not fly and talk√
4. Write down some facts you have learnt about Codfish island.
You can only get to Codfish island by using a small plane or helicopter.√
No boats are allowed.√
5. Why is it so important for New Zealanders to look after the environment of Codfish Island?
So the kakapo do not all die out because there are less than 100 kakapo left.√
6. Make a poster that will informa the children in your class about either:
A kakapo or Codfish Island
This is my kakapo.The kakapo live on an island called Codfish island.The kakapo can not fly because it is the heaviest parrot in the world.
Kakapos are nocturnal because they sleep during the day and come out to feed and play at night.All the pests like rats and stoats have been removed from Codfish island √ Some good information on your poster, Daniel. Well done
Thursday, 14 November 2013
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
Why is the coconut tree called the tree of life?
You can make a broom
The trees clean the air
It gives us coconuts to eat
You can make ropes,mats,fans,and bags
You can use the oil
The tree gives wood for building
You can use the leaves for the walls and roof of a house
You can drink the milk from the coconuts
You can use the roots to make fish traps
You can use the coconut shells for bowls